Monday through Saturday - 9:30am to 4:00pm.
Evening events are possible, though only a limited number are available. Please inquire.
Pool Pavilion – 50 Capacity
Rose Garden – 60 Capacity
Great Lawn – 300 Capacity
Back Terrazzo Patio – 75 Capacity
Tennis Court – 300 Capacity (seated)
Poolside – 36 Capacity (per side)
Events are priced individually depending upon the number of attendees, the location(s) within Robinson Gardens, the amount of set-up that is required for an event, and other factors.
Included in the Price:
A limited selection of tables and chairs are available for no additional fee for up to 100 people, linens for up to 50 people. Includes 72” round tables that sit 10 people comfortably, white folding chairs, linens (limited colors and styles), sun umbrellas, use of electrical outlets for lighting and sound, catering kitchen, restroom facilities, use of dumpsters on the property, and set-up/break down.
Limited parking: 20 spaces are available in the parking lot by the Pool Pavilion (Note that catering and rental companies also need to park in this lot and will reduce the number of spaces available for guest parking). If more than 20 spaces are needed, options are (1) Uber/Lyft/taxi, (2) park on Crescent (a nearby street) and walk up to VRG, or (3) valet parking. Parking on Elden Way is not allowed due to neighborhood restrictions.
*Caterers must stay throughout the event and be responsible for clean-up after the event.
Not Included in the Price:
• Food, service, beverages, rentals, tableware, glasses, and utensils
• Sound equipment (mixer, microphone, speakers)
• Floral arrangements
*VRG can provide you a list of preferred vendors for valet, catering, rentals, and floral décor.
Also available: One hour docent-led tour of VRG (access to the Palm Forest, Italian Terrace, and other gardens is only allowed through a docent-led tour). Cost of $250.
• 50% due upon signing and is non-refundable
• 50% due 30 days prior to the event and is non-refundable if event is cancelled less than 30 days prior to the event.
• Any cancellations must be received in writing.
• Signed contract with FRG is required.
Licenses and Permits:
• Contracting party responsible for obtaining and paying for all licenses or permits required by any city, state, or other governmental authorities.
• Parking permits may be needed, depending upon the number of cars expected and where they will be parked.
• Liquor license will be needed, if alcoholic beverages are to be consumed or sold.
• FRG must receive a copy of all approved permits and licenses at least 2 weeks before the event.
$2 million general liability, $1 million personal injury with a $1 million limit for each occurrence and $500,000 for damages to rented premises. A certificate of insurance, detailing the date, type of event, and number of attendees, must be submitted to FRG at least 2 weeks prior to the event, naming Friends of Robinson Gardens and County of Los Angeles Department of Parks and Recreation as additional insureds. If liquor will be served, the liability insurance must include host liquor liability.
Many areas of VRG are not wheelchair accessible. There are many places with stairs and uneven payment.
- Requires a FILM LA permit
- We only allow for a crew of 25, and vehicles such as trailers/vans must be able to fit through an archway that measures 8’ x 8’, or must use an auxiliary parking area.
- Click here for Commercial Shoot Guidelines
- You do not need a permit but your photographer must be a professional and provide valid proof of liability insurance.
- We have 2-hour minimum for non-commercial photography.
- Click here for Non-Commercial Shoot Guidelines
The Virginia Robinson Gardens & Estate is available for both commercial and non-commercial still photography shoots for a scheduled fee, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.—including set up and breakdown time. We close at 4pm, so all persons and equipment must be gone from the premises by 4pm.
Parking is limited so carpooling is necessary. All vehicles must be able to clear an 8’x 8‘ archway. Parking is prohibited on surrounding residential streets (Elden Way).
Sorry, no political, religious, social events or motion picture filming allowed.
Please email email@example.com or call (310) 550-2087 to make a reservation.
Maximum clearance through driveway arch – 7 feet in height and 8 feet in width
Call or email to make your reservation today!